Rabat – Seventeen years have passed since Moroccan athlete Hicham El Guerrouj set the still-standing world record of 3:26.00 in the men’s 1500m in Rome, Italy.Tuesday July 14th, 2015 marked seventeen years since Hicham El Guerrouj broke the world 1500m record in 1998 in the Italian capital Rome.His time of 3:26.00 is yet to be beaten. At Seventeen years, it is the longest a men’s 1500 m world record has ever lasted. In November 2014, the double Olympic gold medalist, who is considered by many to be the greatest middle-distance runner of all time, became the youngest man to be inducted in the International Association of Athletics Federations’ (IAAF) hall of fame.Often dubbed as the ‘king of the mile’, El Guerrouj was inducted into IAAF Hall of Fame at only the age of 40 and barely a decade after he put an end to his professional career.The Berkane native won four successive 1500m titles at the IAAF World Championships from 1997 to 2003. El Guerrouj was also the male World Athlete of the Year on three consecutive occasions from 2001-2003.El Guerrouj also won gold medals in the 1500m and 5000m at the 2004 Athens Olympics.© Morocco World News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, rewritten or redistributed without permission read more

Updated:A man in his 20’s has been arrested after police investigated reports of shots being fired inside a home on the Six Nations Reserve.It happened around 10 this morning on Chiefswood Rd. Police say no one was injured and the man was taken to hospital for a mental health assessment. Several criminal charges are pending.CHCH’s Donna Skelly asked Sgt Dave Smoke of Six Nations Police about a tweet that somebody had been taken hostage. “To my knowledge there was no indication of a hostage being held or any hostage situation. It was local residents and the officers knew the people involved, people knew the officers involved.”“Officers were able to speak to residents and come to a peaceful conclusion under the circumstances.”A stretch of Chiefswood Rd was closed, but has since re-opened. Police say they found a weapon in the home. read more

first_imgMiss Baldwin is considered to pose a risk of harm to the childrenNottingham Family Court Louis Madge, who is also missingCredit:Nottinghamshire Police It came after he said officers were growing “increasingly concerned” for the children’s welfare and safety.On Friday night, he said: “Samantha has no legal custody of the boys at this time. Our investigation team are exploring a number of lines of inquiry.” New images were released of the family on Saturday. One showed a smiling Dylan in a red school uniform. Two others, taken from CCTV cameras, showed the trio walking into a building together days before the disappearance.Supt Rich Fretwell confirmed on Saturday that officers were still working on the notion they remain together and appealed directly to Ms Baldwin to “do the right thing” and return the boys to the “safety of the court”. “We cannot stress enough the likelihood that Samantha may have changed her appearance and we would like you to keep an open mind.”In a statement Nottingham Family Court added: “It is assumed that she has abducted Louis and Dylan. The children have now been made wards of court. Miss Baldwin is considered to pose a risk of harm to the children.” Dylan, in what appears to be a red school uniform  The 42-year-old was last seen near Nottingham city centre that day​ and a missing persons appeal was launched​ on Tuesday​. Police later announced the investigation had become an abduction inquiry.As the search enters its fifth day, police are continuing to appeal for information on the whereabouts of the trio, with officers warning Ms Baldwin may have changed her appearance or name.  Fears are growing for a missing mother and her two sons after a family court warned she posed a “risk of harm” to them.Samantha Baldwin is thought to have disappeared with Dylan Madge, six, and his brother Louise, nine, on Monday following a decision by Nottingham Family Court to remove the two boys from her care. Ms Baldwin was last seen on Monday Credit: Raymonds Press Two women aged 62 and 36 have been arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender and were released on bail. Lines being investigated include whether Mrs Baldwin is being helped by someone, or is lying low at a hotel or bed and breakfast.“There is always the possibility that Samantha could be being harboured by someone,” Supt Fretwell continued. “We would urged that person to come forward and let us know where the boys are. Ms Baldwin and her son Dylan in the days before the disappearance center_img Dylan, in what appears to be a red school uniform  Ms Baldwin and her son Dylan in the days before the disappearance Credit:Nottinghamshire Police Ms Baldwin is described as 5ft 7in and of slim build with shoulder-length, highlighted blonde hair and green-blue eyes. She was last seen wearing a red knee-length coat but may have changed her clothing.Louis has collar-length straight fair hair, a fair complexion and blue eyes, while Dylan has collar-length straight dark brown hair, a tanned complexion and brown eyes.Anyone with information should call Nottinghamshire Police on 101 urgently, quoting incident number 332 of March 27. Want the best of The Telegraph direct to your email and WhatsApp? Sign up to our free twice-daily  Front Page newsletter and new  audio briefings. Louis Madge, who is also missing Samantha Baldwin, who is being searched for by police Ms Baldwin was last seen on Monday  Samantha Baldwin, who is being searched for by policeCredit: Nottinghamshire Police “We are concerned that Samantha poses a risk to the boys and we have a 100 strong team of officers working around the clock to trace her and return the children safely,” he added. “We would also like to appeal to anyone who owns or runs a guest house, B&B or hotel to check your registers and be mindful that the group may be staying under a different name.”We would also ask caravan park operators and holiday let properties to think about any groups that have joined them since Monday.last_img read more