first_img Next Dinesh Karthik shuts down ‘silly’ allegation levelled against him by S SreesanthS Sreesanth’s cricketing career took an ugly turn when he was accused of spot-fixing during the 2013 IPL, following which he was banned for life. He recently blamed Dinesh Karthik for his ouster from the national team.advertisement Indo-Asian News Service New DelhiOctober 22, 2019UPDATED: October 22, 2019 20:18 IST Dinesh Karthik has been out of favour since being dropped from the Indian team after the 2019 World Cup (AP photo)HIGHLIGHTSSreesanth recently blamed Dinesh Karthik for his ouster from the Indian teamKarthik said that it will be ‘silly’ to even react to Sreesanth’s allegation against himSreesanth’s life ban for spot-fixing in 2013 IPL was reduced to 7 years by the BCCI Ombudsman in AugustDinesh Karthik has hit back at controversial cricketer S Sreesanth, who had cause a stir a few days back when he blamed the stumper for his ouster from the national cricket team.Sreesanth was banned for life by the BCCI in August 2013 along with his Rajasthan Royals teammates Ajit Chandila and Ankeet Chavan for indulging in spot-fixing in the IPL. Sreesanth has hwoever, always denied the allegations and had said he is innocent.Sreesanth’s career took an ugly turn when he was accused of spot-fixing during the 2013 IPL, following which he was banned for life. Last month S. Sreesanth’s ban was cut short to another seven months.Karthik has now responded to the allegations levelled by the Kerala pacer and said that it will be ‘silly’ to even react.”Yes, I have heard about S. Sreesanth’s comments that I was responsible for his ouster from the Indian team. Even to react to an allegation like that will be silly,” Karthik was quoted as saying by The Hindu.Karthik meanwhile, is currently focussing on making a comeback in the Indian T20 side and eyeing a role in the squad as a finisher.”It’s [The T20 World Cup] a year away but if I feel I can keep performing and have a good [domestic] tournament, I’m sure I will go out there and play,” Karthik, 34, told ESPNcricinfo ahead of the Vijay Hazare knockouts. “Because, I feel it’s a key part that the Indian team is looking out as well – closing out matches and have someone who can understand those situations and do the best at that point of time.advertisement”And I feel I’ve done that in the short time I’d played T20s [for India]. But, post the World Cup, I didn’t play; they clubbed it [poor run at the World Cup] with the T20 part of it and removed me from the team as well. But I feel that I’m well-suited to play that role Dhoni has played for so many years now. I feel I can do something like that and I’ve been doing that for KKR and Tamil Nadu. So, if a slot opens up there, that’s something I’ll be really looking forward to. The T20 World Cup is definitely something I’d want to play,” he said.Karthik has been out of favour after being dropped from the national team for the umpteenth time in his career after India’s heartbreaking semifinal defeat against New Zealand in the World Cup 2019. In the two innings that he played in the World Cup, Karthik returned with scores of 8 and 6.Also Read | S Sreesanth discloses why he hates Chennai Super KingsAlso Read | Dinesh Karthik eyes Team India return with MS Dhoni-like finishing roleFor sports news, updates, live scores and cricket fixtures, log on to indiatoday.in/sports. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for Sports news, scores and updates.Get real-time alerts and all the news on your phone with the all-new India Today app. Download from Post your comment Do You Like This Story? Awesome! Now share the story Too bad. Tell us what you didn’t like in the comments Posted byrohan sen Tags :Follow Dinesh KarthikFollow S Sreesanthlast_img read more

TORONTO — Calloway Real Estate Investment Trust says it will pay $231.5-million to acquire four Ontario shopping centres anchored by Walmart stores.Two of the centres are in Ottawa and the neighbouring Kanata, while the other two are in Niagara Falls and Port Perry, which is north of Oshawa.The Ottawa property includes a five-storey office tower.Calloway says all four shopping centres a fully occupied and will immediately add to the real estate trust’s funds from operations.It is one of Canada’s largest real estate investment trust, with about $7-billion of assets following this transaction.Calloway says it was the successful bidder for the properties, which have been owned jointly by Walmart and SmartCentres Realty Inc. read more

Celje wins Balkan El Classico against C.O Zagreb 26:20 (14:11). Outstanding defense of Slovenian team in second half totally “kill” the back line of Croatian champion. Hungarian TOP team MVM MKB Veszprem had no problem against the weakest team at EHF CL this season – Sankt Petersburg 29:20.Celje Pivovarna Laško : Croatia Osiguranje Zagreb 26:20 (14:11)Dvorana Zlatorog, gledalcev 5400, sodnika: Brunovsky in Canda (oba Slovaška).Celje Pivovarna Laško: Skok (2 sav), Lesjak (3 sav – 1 x 7-m), Blagotinšek, Mlakar, Marguč 5 (1), Žuran, Janc, Razgor, Skube 3, Poteko 1, Slišković 6, Potočnik, Zelenović 3, Žabič, Lekai 3, Žvižej 1.Croatia Osiguranje Zagreb: Ivić (5 sav), Stevanović (4 sav), Marić 3, Mihić, Stepančić 2, Matulić 1, Šprem 1, Corić 1, Sebetić, Horvat 5 (1), Sandrk 2, J. Valčić 2, T. Valčić, Mandalinić 1, Kaleb.MKB-MVM VESZPRÉM KC–SANKT PETERSBURG 29–20 (13–7) VESZPRÉM: FAZEKAS – Iváncsik T. 3 (1), Gulyás P. 3, CHEMA RODRÍGUEZ, SULIC 4, Ilic 3 (2), IVÁNCSIK G. 6.  Terzic 1, SCHUCH, DZAMALI 5, Ugalde 1, Pesic 1, Ruesga 2, LigetváriSANKT PETERSBURG: Sicko – Szanaskin, Poljakov 1, Kalaras 4, Piskin 1, NASZIROV 4, Kungurov. Kisov Kovalenko 1, Kiszeljov 3, Blagonagyezsgyin 2 (2), Junyiszevkov, Szemjonov 3, Kuzmin, Novoszelov 1 ← Previous Story BIG NIGHT IN PORTO: KIF stopped by Portuguese champion! Next Story → EHF Cup: Historic night for HC Zomimak! Ademar Leon advance on away goals read more