first_img AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p “I remember pretty much everything about that day up until about an hour after the accident,” Branch said. “I passed out, passed away — whatever you want to call it.”Branch used the words ‘passed away’ because in reality, he died.“I coded for probably over an hour,” Branch said. “It was two different times. They (medics) worked on me and brought me back.”Branch, who played for the Tigers from 2008-2011, spent 12 days unconscious. He had nine surgeries in that time, including the full removal of the affected leg.Luckily, the former Tiger is keeping a pretty positive outlook on things.“There were definitely times, especially in the hospital and some times after, you feel isolated,” Branch said. “You ask yourself why you lost a limb.“But at the end of the day, you’ve still lost a limb. I decided early on to try to be positive. I still have bad days. I’m going to have bad days. I’m just going to try to best I can so I can work through it.”Branch has returned to work, walking on a titanium prosthetic leg. He says he plans to hunt again, too.[Clarion Ledger] LSU offensive lineman Matt Branch prepares for a play.ATHENS, GA – OCTOBER 3: Matt Branch #79 of the LSU Tigers lines up to block against the Georgia Bulldogs at Sanford Stadium on October 3, 2009 in Athens, Georgia. LSU won 20-13. (Photo by Joe Robbins/Getty Images)Former LSU lineman Matt Branch was involved in one of the more bizarre hunting accidents we’ve seen last year. He has revealed that he nearly died after the incident, and had to have a leg amputated.Branch and his family were on an annual duck hunting trip in late December. As they loaded equipment into the truck, a dog jumped onto a gun.He managed to turn off the safety and pull the trigger with his paw. He wound up shooting Branch, very nearly killing him and causing his leg to be amputated.Matt Branch technically passed away twice, but was luckily resuscitated by paramedics.He recently spoke to the Clarion Ledger about the harrowing incident:last_img read more

The officials had arrived with the purpose of confirming that the apprehended Sri Lankans were listed in the refugee camps in Tamil Nadu and had no links with any militant groups. Once the Q Branch officials checked the records and confirmed that the persons had no extremist links, they were taken to the judicial court and remanded in custody for 14 days. Officers from the internal security wing of the Tamil Nadu Police Q Branch were investigating the arrest of 10 Sri Lankan refugees in India, the Express News Service reported.Aluva East police station SI P A Faisal said that the Q Branch officials had come to the Kerala state on the basis of the report filed by the Kerala Police. The police said that the agent Ramesh, through whom the arrested persons had arrived here, has still not been traced.Tamil Nadu police officials said that there were prior instances in which Sri Lankan refugees had managed to illegally migrate to Australia where they were given jobs after their period of imprisonment and surveillance was over. This has become a systematic operation for a large number of refugees, who usually take the sea route to Australia from one of the coastal towns of India. If they are not apprehended within Indian territorial waters, the refugees, upon landing on Australian soil, surrender before the police there, officials said.Following the instructions of the shady agents who arrange the trips for them, the refugees serve their term in the Australian prison and then make it through the surveillance period too.After that, if they get a clean chit, the Australian authorities recommend them for jobs . read more